- 1 Best Tabletop Water Filter
- 2 What Are Tabletop Water Filters?
- 3 Six Best Tabletop Water Filter
- 4 Types of tabletop water filtration system
- 5 Things to consider before choosing the tabletop water filter for your house
- 6 Advantages of tabletop water filter
- 7 Disadvantages of tabletop water filter
Identifying the best type of water filter to install in your home in terms of simple installation has been a significant concern to consumers. Beautification is also an aspect being considered since no one wants to install any water filter that will disfigure their kitchen.
Best Tabletop Water Filter
The tabletop water filter has gained its popularity by making sure it grants these two desires. They are well known for the beautiful designs they are made of and also the attractive appearance it has. Whatever the design of your kitchen might be, there’s always an assurance that you’ll find the most suitable tabletop filter to blend with your kitchen.
Apart from the beauty this type of filter adds to your kitchen, it is also a reliable filter you can depend on if you want quality water safe for drinking.
Tabletop water filter just like other water filters removes contaminants in water, the fantastic part of it is that they go through different types of filtration system to make sure the end product of your water matches the definition of safe and healthy, Although, that attribute varies depending on the type of tabletop water filter you choose to buy, and this is why I will make sure you have a full knowledge on the different f tabletop filters we have and also the type of filtration processes they undergo.
The scope of this article once again is to enlighten you about tabletop water filters following the following table of contents.
NB: they are mostly base on questions asked by consumers
- What are Tabletop water filters?
- 5 best tabletop water filter (with image examples from Amazon store)
- Types of tabletop water filter systems
- What are the things to consider when buying a tabletop filter
- Advantages and disadvantages of tabletop water filter
What Are Tabletop Water Filters?
Just as the name implies, you can easily guess the meaning. Tabletop filters are designed to sit on the counter of your kitchen. Beauty mostly identifies them. They add to the kitchen, doesn’t that sound nice? It is always a good thing when you have something that works well and also adds beauty to your environment.
Though it might be limited to the kitchen area alone, it doesn’t make it any less effective in getting rid of any contaminants in the water. You’d be surprised to know that they can be the most reliable type of filter to consider when you want very good and healthy water for drinking.
Tabletop water also has a simple installation process, so if you are familiar with DIY projects, then installing it shouldn’t be anywhere closer to difficult.
Six Best Tabletop Water Filter
This product is an example of what a tabletop water filter looks like, though, the NSF or WQA hasn’t certified it, but that didn’t deter the great satisfaction shown towards this water filter.
Boastful but true, the company that produced this particular product is so confident that this filter is capable of providing healthy water, thereby reducing most of the contaminants in water to an EPA minimum level, making it safe for drinking.
You might ask, what are contaminants? Well, they can be of different forms such as chlorine, organic arsenic, dangerous minerals like mercury. In a simple definition, they are harmful substance present in the water which is capable of causing damage to our body system
Just like its name, it uses the reverse osmosis filtration system. When you want healthy water, you might want to consider this product. It can get rid of 99% of harmful contaminants in your water.
Like I said the other time, tabletop water filters, in general, are easy to install, the same thing applicable to this product, installing it is not difficult at all compared to other reverse osmosis filters, all you have to do is a screw on the faucet adaptor, and bob’s your uncle! Easy isn’t it? Another feature it has is the quick connect capability.
Asides having water free of contaminants, do you also want to improve the taste of your water to honey? Just kidding, it doesn’t taste like honey.
But this product has a Multi-Stage Filtration with Alkaline Remineralization, it is not only capable of removing heavy metals or common water contaminants, but it also improves the taste of your water by adding zinc, magnesium, and selenium.
Are you worried your water might contain fluoride? Then I strongly advise you should get this product in no time. This particular product is capable of removing 93% of fluoride in your water and also retaining healthy minerals to improve the quality of the water. Another unique feature it has is that it has a 3 stage water filter which are:
- Activated Alumina
- 5 Micron Compression Disk
- Coconut Shell Carbon.
With this menagerie it possesses in getting rid of all types of water contaminants, then you surely wouldn’t doubt the purity of the water that you will obtain from this water filter. Like the others, it is also simple to install.
When talking about one of the best gravity-fed water filters, Berkey will surely be left out. One thing that makes it interesting is that it has two cartridges which both has their role to play in purifying your water, they are :
- Black berky – a microporous filter capable of removing 99.9 % contaminants that appears in the water
- Fluoride filter – this filter removes fluoride from your water, and aside from that, it is also able to remove arsenic
Imagine you want a reliable water filter, which is not expensive, and you wouldn’t bother about replacing it until at least 7 years, don’t think it’s not possible, as they say, “dream big.” Well, congratulations! Your dream just blended into reality. CleanWater4Less water filter is knocking at your door if I were you I wouldn’t think twice, imagine the amazing things it has to offer
Types of tabletop water filtration system
This type of filter has proven to be one of the safest ways to purify water. Tabletop water filter shares this since there are ones that use this filtration system.
Gravity filter water dispenser
According to its name, this type of filter is used to dispense clean water, wonder how it’s possible? Using it for a tabletop filter, you pour water into the top of the jug that is directed into the filter. The purified water drips into a chamber; after then, you can dispense the clean water from the bottom chamber. One thing that makes them outstanding from other types of water filters is that installation is not necessary.
Tabletop alkaline water filters
This type of filter is best known for improving the taste of water to making it suitable for drinking. So if you’re not only looking to get rid of contaminants but also improve the taste of your water, then I strongly recommend this type of tabletop water filter.
Faucet and sink-top water filters
These types of filters are best used to counter the benefits of under-sink water filters since they are attached to the kitchen faucet, saving you from the stress of installing it under your sink. The installation is also easy, and it is less expensive.
Things to consider before choosing the tabletop water filter for your house
Having a water filter is necessary, not to state the obvious, there will always be contaminants in water unless it is well treated. Going through this article, you might be confused on what particular type of tabletop filter to buy, this part of the article will put you through on the things to consider.
- Understand or better still identify the contaminants present in your water source
- Do thorough research on the type of tabletop water filter that removes the contaminants
- Know your pocket, don’t go over your budget, so you won’t find the maintenance expensive
- Consider the lifespan of the filter also since one might find continuous replacement tiring
- The product warranty should be considered also
- Product certification by NSF or WQA also can be put into consideration, though it’s not necessary
- Though most tabletop water filter is quite easy to install, though, you still have to consider the installation process
Advantages of tabletop water filter
- Easy to use – you will surely find it more convenient to use since all you have to do is turn on the faucet and turn off when you’re done
- Saves space: tabletop water filter saves space, it doesn’t consume a lot of space due to its medium and portable size
- Low budget: they are always inexpensive to purchase, e., those with low budget can also get one
- Simple installation: unlike other types of water filters, tabletop filters does not need any complicated guide to follow when installing it due to its simple installation process
- Maintenance: most tabletop filters are easy to maintain, though you might have to change the filter sometimes, most filters don’t cost much. Good news is that the majority of the types of tabletop filters has a long lifespan
- Very effective: be rest assured whenever you get a tabletop water filter that you are safe from water contaminants because it removes even the worst contaminants in water
- Size: don’t worry about the mobility, they are always portable in size, so you can change the location or take it along with you anywhere you want, all you have to do is unscrew the tubing from the faucet.
Disadvantages of tabletop water filter
- It only works with a standard faucet, so people with pull down kitchen faucet will not be able to attach their faucet to it
- The effectiveness is quite limited. judging by its portable size, one can easily guess that it won’t be able to rid as many contaminants if compared to the other water filters that are large