- 1 What things to pay attention to when choosing Water Purifier?
- 2 Best Water Purifiers With Less Maintenance Cost
- 3 Conclusion: After all, what is the best water purifier?
Drinking water is critical to keeping your health up to date, but it has to be good quality water, free from contamination.
And a good purifier guarantees (or should guarantee) this water free of physical debris, microorganisms, and excess chlorine.
Therefore, when choosing a water purifier, the basic items to consider are bacteriological efficiency, particle retention and free chlorine reduction, attested by the INMETRO seal.
What things to pay attention to when choosing Water Purifier?
- Particle retention is the ability of the scrubber to block the passage of waste such as rust, clay, sand, among others.
- There are 6 levels of particle retention, from “A” (formerly PI), which indicates maximum efficiency to F (worst performance).
- To get an idea, an A-rated particle retention purifier can prevent the passage of elements between 0.5 and 1 µm (one-thousandth of a millimeter). Since a grain of sand usually measures from 200 to 500µm.
- Free chlorine retention refers to the purifier being able to remove excess chlorine from water (used in the treatment process of supply companies).
- Regarding the item “bacteriological efficiency”, it is surprising that most of the commercialized purifiers do not have this certification (including some very expensive models).
- As its name implies, this function refers to the elimination of bacteria and other microorganisms from water.
In making this list, we take into consideration: improved water quality, refill durability and price, the supply or not of chilled water, other features such as refill notice and, obviously, the cost-effectiveness of each product.
Best Water Purifiers With Less Maintenance Cost
We updated the ranking and the Avalon A5 is our new choice as the best water purifier.
- Its maximum filtering efficiency coupled with compressor cooling makes this one of the most complete products on the market in this segment.
- It has class “A” in particle retention, chlorine reduction, and bacteriological efficiency.
- In addition, it is capable of delivering about 1.7 l / h of ice water. Far above other models with the same filtering efficiency.
- It also offers the choice of three levels of natural, cold or cold water temperature.
- Next to the buttons, you will find the indicator lights that gradually show the life of the cartridge.
But what about the problems?
- Starting with the size, the model is quite large. Considerable space must be set aside in the kitchen for installation.
- It uses the same refill as the Avalon and Avalon models that are also on this list. But the value of this refill is slightly above the market average.
- Like most such purifiers, it does not work in case of a power outage. Ah! Also, pay attention to the voltage, the Avalon is 115 volts.
This purifier delivers optimum water performance, provides chilled water and has one of the longest-lasting refills on the market:
- 12 months or 3,000 liters of water.
- Provides natural, cold or cold water, and lets you choose portion size (to fill half a glass, a glass or a jar).
- The water outlet is at a good time, making it easier to fill taller containers.
- Another feature is the filter change alert: light comes on on the panel when it’s time to replace it.
- It has a modern design and can be used on the kitchen countertop or wall-mounted to save space.
- When we take into account water-enhancing capacity and cooling performance, the cost-effectiveness is very good.
This model follows exactly the same line as the previous one, has a maximum purification rating, “A” in particle retention, bacteriological efficiency and free chlorine reduction.
Another detail that we found the difference is that for some reason Consul removed the option to press both buttons at the same time to have water with intermediate temperature.
Now you have to choose between cold or natural water, and that’s it! The refill indicator is still there, which is good news, but we still consider the refill price a little higher than it should.
Purifiers can be purchased in two different color options, white or gray, both with a very pleasant design.
What does not please?
- The main one in our opinion is the low capacity of cold water supply, they are a mere 0.2 liters per hour.
- This is due to the electronic cooling system, the equipment with compression cooling is much more efficient in this regard.
- Consul CPC31AB is the brand’s successor for the CPC30AB model, which also included the same position in our ranking.
- Changes from one model to another are practically nil, but it is virtually impossible to find the older model for sale today.
- The CPC31AB is ideal for those who do not want a water-freezing purifier and seek maximum efficiency in water purification.
- Besides, like its predecessor, this one doesn’t use any electric power in its operation either.
Another plus point of the model is its price, it is very cheap compared to other models in the market, but its refill is a little expensive, which ends up compromising the cost-effectiveness of the purifier.
Conclusion: After all, what is the best water purifier?
- The answer to this question will depend on the specific needs and preferences of each consumer.
- Although particle retention level and bacteriological efficiency are basic items to consider, in theory, water supplied by utility companies is already fit for consumption.
- Keeping this in mind, it can be said that the purifier does only one supplement, removing excess chlorine, waste from the pipes and some microorganisms.
- For this reason, we also include models without certified bacteriological efficiency in the analysis, but exclude devices with particle retention below “C”.
- We recognize that choosing a water purifier can be a really difficult task because often the basic data is not in the descriptions of the devices available on the internet.
In addition, consumers do not always know which issues to consider and feel lost with too much information.
We hope this guide has been helpful in making this task less arduous.